My husband is the guacamole maker in our house, and he does an amazing job! Just the right amount of acid, and light on the heat for me because I’m a huge wimp about spice (ask me about my recent adventures with serrano peppers . . . ) If you’re a spice fan, I’d definitely add a variety of peppers. Just don’t touch your face before you’ve washed your hands thoroughly!
- 2 ripe avocados, chopped roughly
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 a red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 a ripe tomato, seeded, peeled, and chopped finely
- handful of cilantro, finely chopped
- 1-2 serrano peppers, deveined and deseeded, chopped very fine
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a bowl to taste, starting with 1/2 a serrano pepper, and working up from there. Serve with fresh totrtilla chips!