Lauren's Kitchenwelcome to my kitchen
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can of diced tomatoes, with their juices
- 2 small fresh tomatoes, on the vine
- 1 cup chicken stock.
- 1/4 cup finely minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- A good handful of fresh chopped cilantro
- A tbsp of fresh finely chopped thyme
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 - 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (about 4 ounces)
Add the onion and cook, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes, then add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
Add the tomatoes and stock bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat to medium-low and let simmer for about 5 minutes, until the tomato juices thicken.
Remove from the heat. Stir in the parsley, thyme, cilantro, and shrimp and season with salt and pepper.
Sprinkle the feta over the top. Bake until the shrimp are cooked through and cheese melts, about 12 minutes.
Serve over orzo or rice.
You may be interested in these recipes: